Aberavon will be looking to build on their opening day win over Bridgend last weekend when they travel to St Helen's to take on Swansea this Saturday in the Principality Premiership West, kick off 2:30pm.

Last season, the All Whites finished sixteenth at the end of the first phase of the Premiership after winning two of their fifteen games. In the second phase, they finished eighth in Tier 2 with them winning one and drawing one of their seven games.

Swansea lost both of their pre-season games, losing 29 - 47 at Redruth RFC on Saturday August 12th, and 10 - 19 against Mike Ruddock's Lansdowne RFC at Sketty Lane the following Friday evening.

Swansea got their league campaign underway last weekend with a 16 - 39 loss away to Neath. The All Whites opened the scoring with a penalty by centre Owen Howe early in the game. The homeside hit back shortly afterwards with a converted try with a second Howe penalty making the score 7 - 6 to Neath after the opening ten minutes. Neath kicked a penalty and scored their second try before Swansea scored a try through hooker Paul John from a maul. Howe's conversion made the score 15 - 13 to Neath after 23 minutes. The homeside scored a converted try on the half hour mark to lead 22 - 13 at the interval. Early in the second half Howe reduced Neath's lead to six points with his third penalty kick of the day. However, that was to mark the final score by Swansea as Neath scored further tries on the hour and with five minutes to go to gain a bonus point win.

Head-to-head, Aberavon and Swansea have met each other 29 times in the Welsh National League with the All Whites leading the series by 15 wins to 13 with 1 game drawn. At St Helen's, Swansea lead 11 - 3 with 1 game drawn, with the Wizards winning the fixture 47 - 5 last season.

Looking back at the fixture nine seasons ago, the Wizards led 17 - 8 at the break after scoring two tries by lock and captain Ian Moore and scrum half David Pritchard who was making is league debut for Aberavon. Both tries were converted by outside half Jamie Davies, who also kicked a penalty. For the All Whites, wing Nicky Thomas scored a try and outside half James Dixon kicked a penalty. It took until the 70th minute for scoring to resume when number eight Richard Morris went over for a try converted by Davies. Lock Richard Kelly responded with a try for the homeside before centre Luke Hathaway scored on his league debut for the Wizards. That made the score 29 - 13 to Aberavon. In the 79th minute, Swansea made a great fightback that brought two tries, both converted, but time then run out and referee Nigel Owens sounded the final whistle. The tries were scored by Kelly and number eight Steffan Jones, with the conversions by Nicky Thomas and replacement Damien Karuana. Final score, Swansea 27, Aberavon 29.

The Aberavon team that day was: Paul Bamsey; Richard Carter, Luke Hathaway, Ashley Beck (rep Ricky Thomas), Steve Davies; Jamie Davies, David Pritchard; Neil White (rep Lloyd Howell), Marc Breeze (rep Brett Thomas), Paul Breeze (rep James Jones), Ian Moore (capt) (rep Nathan White), Andrew Fisher, Rory Gallagher (rep Darryl Thomas), Richard Morris, Chris Davies.

The referee for Saturday’s game is Ben Breakspear, aided by Jason Griffiths and Richard Hughes.